Patent Filing Procedure
Patent laws in India are governed by the Indian Patent Act, 1970, which deals with the registration
- Patent search: Prior to registration of any intellectual property right like trademark registration or design registration or patent registration.
- Patent domicile: The patent application must specification, a legal document with scientific information constituting patent rights.
- Provisional Specification: A unique name should be given to your company.
- Complete Specification: After filing a provisional specification and obtaining patent filing date.
- Patent Publication: After the filing of patent application, if the application is acceptable, the patent application is published in the patent journal.
- Patent Examination: A request for patent examination must be filed within 48 months of date of filing patent application or date of priority of the application.
- Patent Registration: patent registration is granted. The term of validity of patent will be 20 years from the date of filing of the patent application.