WHO ALL NEED GST REGISTRATION?
The registration in GST is PAN based and State specific. Supplier has to register in each such State or Union territory from where he effects supply if he fulfills any of the following conditions:
- Having an annual aggregate turnover from all-India operations which is above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States).
- Making any supply to other states.
- Required to pay tax under Reverse Charge (In case your supplier is not registered under GST).
- Required to deduct tax at source or an Input Service Distributor.
- Agents of a supplier.
- Supplying goods or services through E-commerce Operator.
- Supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
Who should get registered under GST?
Any business whose turnover exceeds the threshold \limit of Rs. 20 lakhs (Rs 10 lakhs for North Eastern and hill states) will have to register under GST. Businesses registered under any of the pre-GST laws: VAT, Excise/Service Tax have to register under GST by default.
Businesses that need to register under GST?
Every person who is registered under the Pre-GST law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.) needs to register under GST. When a business which is registered has been transferred to someone, the transferee shall take registration.